GST compliant in Hotel Management System
How GST affects the hotel industry in Malaysia?
GST in Malaysia has been effective from April 2015. GST is a tax on the business transaction - Sale, Purchase and Expenses. It is very important that the hotels, hotel chains, motels, hostels, resorts and other properties using property management system for their operations have a hotel software that is GST compliant.
Why is it important to have a GST ready hotel system?
Just like every other businesses, hotels are required to submit their GST returns on monthly or quarterly basis. This makes it very important for hoteliers to use a GST Ready Hotel Management System which not only captures the transactions with accurate GST rates but also reflect the same in various reports.
How can eZee help?
eZee specializes in developing solutions for the hospitality industry and since the announcement of GST, our staff have been hard at work to fully understand the scope of GST and making sure that our hotel management system complies.
- Our hotel PMS is GST Compliant, that means you do not have to worry about anything related to GST.
- eZee hospitality solutions will make operations quicker and more straightforward simplifying your operations.
- As a software provider, we have experts in place for answering any questions you may have regarding GST regulations.
- GST is based on transactions, our PMS will accurately calculate GST for Reciepts/Folio, Tax Invoice and GAF (Audit Reports).
- eZee’s property management system ensures that the various reports generated, match the accounting systems, making it easy for businesses to be evaluated and save time.
Impact of the GST in Hospitality Industry
The GST Course on goods and services tax (GST) for hotels in Malaysia include;
- Tax Invoice
- Advanced payment
- Security deposit
- Extra Charge
- Time share program
- Room Package
- Complimentary rooms
- Business use
- Private use
Royal Malaysia Customs conducts periodic audits to ensure that tax returns are being prepared correctly by various businesses. Businesses are required to have a clear reports breaking down business transactions.